My name is Hugo and I am so glad that you are here!
Growing up in Peru, I was always fascinated with the legacy of our ancestors, The Incas. They not only built an incredible empire that spanned several countries in South America, but they also lived in harmony with nature (not to mention the amazing places they built like Machu Picchu and more).
A big part of their success was due to a group of messengers who were handpicked by the Inca emperor himself. These messengers were called CHASKIS.
The CHASKIS were great endurance athletes who belonged to a special community; A TRIBE, supporting each other and working together towards a common goal.
The spirit and philosophy of the CHASKIS is what inspired me to start running, first 5Ks, then 10Ks, then marathons to ultras, to ironman triathlons!
But after years or training and racing hard, one day I stopped.
My Journey Has Been Far From Perfect
I stopped believing in myself, I lost motivation, I gained weight. I stopped setting goals for myself. I felt lost.
Have you been there before? If so, you are not alone.
I Know How You Feel
I know what it feels like lose passion and drive to get out on that run or ride, to stop believing in yourself, to stop eating healthy, to stop challenging yourself, to stop feeling alive!
That is why I started CHASKIS.
So, What Is CHASKIS?
CHASKIS is a community for athletes of all walks of life who are looking for practical ways to get inspired and empowered to get started, keep going and never quit. At CHASKIS we aim to do that through awesome content, amazing experiences and badass apparel.
Our mission is to give you tools and ideas that will inspire and empower you to start your own journey.
Yes, we are not perfect, BUT we are on a mission: to believe more in ourselves, to go further than we thought we could, to set crazy goals and go after them.
CHASKIS take chances. CHASKIS dig deep. CHASKIS try again tomorrow.
Time to step it up. Time to CHASKIUP
What You Can Expect From CHASKIS
- A super fun podcast, where every week I talk with inspiring people from different backgrounds, but who share something in common: they know how to dig deep to be the best that they can be. There’s both audio and video versions.
- A weekly newsletter called The Chaskiup Digest, where I share with readers inspiring stories and resources that I’ve personally curated the week before.
- Inspiring stories, from people like you. Wanna share yours?
- Challenges: these are simple but life-transforming. We will do them together! Coming soon!
- Retreats: Come to Boulder for an amazing time and also to challenge yourself. These are not your typical retreats, promise! ;) Coming soon!
- The best apparel in the market. Nuff’ said.
- Interacting with me all the time. I’m always on Instagram or Facebook :)
Our Most Popular Podcasts
- The Q&A Sessions With Legendary Running Coach Brad Hudson, part 1 and part 2
- Professional Triathlete Rachel Joyce on triathlon and her future plans
- The personal stories and challenges of professional runners Fernando Cabada and Colby Mehmen
Be Part Of The Community
The best way to keep you up-to-date with what’s happening with CHASKIS is through our newsletter. Your email will never be shared, and you can always unsubscribe at the touch of a button.
Welcome To The Tribe. Time To #Chaskiup