Week of 04.20.20
5 Things Worth Sharing
(click the link above ☝️ to view on the website)
- Looking for ways to reduce your stress and anxiety during Covid-19 times? I found this article really helpful because it gave me a little checklist or reminder on what to do the next time that I feel stressed out or overwhelmed, specially these days. Out of all the 10 things listed in this article, I was very surprised by #5 , I was like "Yes! I'm glad I'm not the only one!"
- Has your training performance decreased? Maybe it's mental fatigue. Interesting article that shows research information on how physical performance can be affected when our minds get tired. Make sense!
- In a world filled with negative news, Jim Halpert comes to the rescue with good news ;)
- Getting desperate about getting a hair cut? Me too!..but before just going for it and "winging-it", check out this article with some perspective and advice. You might want to hire a "virtual stylist" ;)
- Have you found it challenging to focus on your nutrition during social-distancing times? It has been for me. I even feel that I've gained an extra pound which is annoying me so much lately (ahh first-world problems, I guess!). This guide provides good advice on how to eat well during a self-quarantine situation, how to finally eat the stuff that's in your pantry (there's even an app to help you with that!), how to tackle stress eating, and more.
What You Missed This Week
- My favorite quote: "Don’t worry about the elements around you and what’s going on. You gotta get out there and get it" - David Goggins
- My favorite Instagram post: If you run with a friend who's faster than you, I bet you can relate to this? 😂 🏃
- Road To Kanza: on this week's video I take you to the places I usually ride on weekdays. Nothing fancy, just trying to get it done.
The CHASKI Fact Of The Week
How many miles did the CHASKIS use to run? even though there are no official records on how much distance the Chaskis used to cover, it's said that a group of 25 Chaskis could cover around 150 miles in one day (yes, only 6 miles but don't forget that they used to run really fast on very tough terrain, not to mention the altitude!). Chaskis could travel the distance between Quito(Ecuador's capital) and the city of Cusco which is about 1250 miles, in about a week