Week of 04.13.20
5 Things Worth Sharing
- Got kettle bells but never use them? maybe it's time to dust them off and put them to good use! Here are 7 kettle bell workouts to help you improve your strength and conditioning. I've always wanted to try doing the "Turkish Get-up"? (It looks really difficult though!)
- Should you wear a mask when running or cycling? although the latest guidelines are not 100% clear on whether people should wear masks when exercising, it's always important to be cautious and practice social distancing as much as possible. Here are some insights and advice on how to practice your favorite sport safely (for running, for cycling)
- Running 262 miles around your neighborhood. Because we are living in crazy coronavirus times, runners all over the word participated in a race called the Backyard Quarantine Ultra a couple of weeks ago. The rules: runners had to honor social distancing and were also required to cover a distance of about 4 miles each hour. This winner finished the race in...2.5 days!
- How this coach deals with uncertain times? By using his own "toolbox" he calls "Quiet Professionalism"
- If you run or bike, you need to keep more than 6-ft apart from other people. This article shows studies that recommend keeping distances longer than 6-feet. check it out
What You Missed This Week
- New Podcast: I had the great opportunity to sit down with Noah, a 3-time finisher of the Dirty Kanza 200. Noah gives great advice on several topics related to this epic 200-mile gravel grinder. If you are curious to learn more about the DK 200, this is a must-listen episode. (This was recorded before coronavirus times)
- iPhone Wallpaper: when I need to remind myself to get things done today, I read this
- My favorite quote: In Any Event, I Shall Do My Best. Douglas MacArthur.
- My favorite Instagram post: if you run, especially on trails, you will understand 😂
- Our Neck Gaiters are perfect not just for running and cycling but also for social distancing (less than 5 available in stock)
How To Get Your Bike Ready For A 200-Mile Bike Ride
Wonder how I am preparing my bike to help me complete my Dirty Kanza ride in September? I made a couple of videos about it. Watch them here (Part 1 and Part 2)
The CHASKI Fact Of The Week
Sacsayhuaman, is a citadel on the northern outskirts of the city of Cusco. The Incas called it the House of the Sun and the Spaniards called it a fortress because of its zig-zag shape. The construction, which is made up of three platforms one on top of the other, was one of the most important religious complexes of its time.