Week of 02.03.20
5 Things Worth Sharing
- Are You Winning The Day? At CHASKIS we recently finished the January Challenge(we'll have more soon!). My biggest takeaway from this month-long experience has been to start building the habit of getting up early and visualize having a great day. Check out this article with some good advice on things you can do to start your day the right way. I personally do #1, #2, #3 and #6 (I'm gonna add #7 soon!)
- A "new" Conor McGregor? I'm not an MMA fan but I recently heard about Conor McGregor's "comeback" defeating his opponent in only 40 secs..that's insane! Apparently, McGregor has been working with Tony Robbins for the last year, and apparently, that experience helped change his mindset. Here's a cool conversation between Robbins and McGregor that helps you understand where Conor is coming from and what he's learning from Robbins.
- Want to run faster or farther? Maybe you should join a running group
- Worried about the Coronavirus when traveling? Here's some tips on how to minimize your exposure to it.
- Journaling to improve...your life? Interesting article on how the practice of journaling can help increase mindfulness, reduce stress, increase self-confidence, etc. I personally do a 5-minute journaling twice a day (one in the morning and one at night). I've found that journaling in the morning helps me set my day with intention and with clarity on what I want to achieve. Journaling at the end of the day helps me to appreciate what I achieved during the last 24 hours, be grateful and get exited about the next day. Here is some simple advice on how to get started
What You Missed This Week
- New Podcast 🎙️: I sat down with my wife Amy to talk about our experiences and what we learned from the January Challenge. If you are feeling stuck or are looking for ways to have a kickass 2020, listen to this episode, it might give you some ideas!
- My favorite quote: You don't need to convince anybody. Just execute - Gary Vaynerchuk
- My favorite Instagram post: I this gravel cycling paradise or what?!
- iPhone wallpaper: the next time that yourself talking about all kinds of excuses that prevent you from achieving your goals, read this
The CHASKI Fact Of The Week
Ok, I'm starting something new, I call it the CHASKI Fact Of The Week. This is just my desire to share with you more about the Incas, the culture where the Chaskis came from (and me too!)
- The Inca Trail's Length: If you've been to Peru and done what's known as the Inca Trail, you've probably done a 26-mile hike, but ..did you know that the original Inca Road system spanned across several countries including Ecuador, Chile, Bolivia and Argentina and its length is about 25,000 miles!!!